Leep and I have recently discovered the wonder that is Noodles & Company. My favorite being the Japanese Pan Noodles with chicken. Leep had the brilliant idea of trying to recreate this with the leftover soba noodles we had from making our spring rolls last week. With Gunnar allotting a maximum of 15 minutes for us to scarf down food before crying, this is a perfect easy, quick fix meal! Now while they didn’t quite compare with Noodles & Company – they’re were still super delish!
*Note to self – take better pictures!
Cook Time: 15 mins
2+ sleeves of soba noodles (~6.5 ounces)
1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
1/2 carrots (julienne, I just bought shredded carrots – shhhh)
1/2 cup green peppers (cut into bit sized chunks)
2 chicken breasts (cubed)
1/2 T fresh ginger (minced)
1/2 T garlic (minced)
1 1/2 T sesame oil
1 T canola oil
1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
Salt, pepper & chili flakes
Black sesame seeds
- Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente, drain & cool in cold water.
- Once noodles are drained and cooled toss with 1T sesame oil.
- In a large saute pan over high heat add canola oil and saute peppers & broccoli until tender and slightly blistered.
- Add chicken, carrots, ginger, garlic, remaining sesame oil and soy sauce to the pan. Cook for about 2 mins then add noodles allowing to caramelize and get crispy and golden in some places.
- Salt, pepper and add chili flakes or extra soy sauce to your liking. Finish with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.
2 thoughts on “Copy Cat: Japanese Pan Noodles”
Sound delicious! I made vegetable lo mien for dinner tonight, I’ll have to try this one next time we’re in the mood for noodles. Thanks for the recipe!