I turn 28 today, Happy Birthday to Me! I wanted to do something a little different and share some fun, randomness about myself. So here we go, 28 things about me for my 28th birthday!
- My nickname is “Ta-ta”. When my sister was little it was hard for her to say Monica – it came out “Mon-ta-ta” and ended up being shorten to Ta-ta. I even have it tattooed on me.
- I dislike naps. [Yes, you read that correctly] They just seem to make me more tired.
- I’m afraid of clowns, birds and anyone dressed in a full costume [think Disney World].
- I am amazing at improvised singing. My husband says I could win awards. I can make up a new song off cuff about any random thing, or use the tune and words to current songs with a spin for any situation.
- I am not a homebody or one to ‘relax and chill’. If I’m relaxing I want to be on a beach with a beer in my hand.
- I can quote Moulin Rouge and Ever After from start to finish.
- Dessert is my favorite meal of the day and can be consumed at any hour of the day.
- I didn’t like coffee until about 4 years ago, now it’s an everyday necessity – and I’m picky about it.
- Christmas is my favorite holiday, obsessed doesn’t even describe it.
- I hate fish but love shrimp, crab and lobster. My crab picking skills are kinda a big deal.
- I almost always go about 2 days before washing my hair again. [curly hair probs]
- Favorite childhood movie was Lady and the Tramp.
- I went to school 2 years to be a teacher but ended up switching. I now have a degree in Web Development and have been doing web/digital things for over seven years.
- I hate cats. Yes, hate. Gimme all the doggies.
- I really like to imbibe. Wine and Beer Festivals are my jam.
- I disliked my husband on our first date. He had a curly fro and didn’t walk to me my car. [gasp] I blew him off for 2 weeks until I let him drive me to our mutual friends party and he won me over in that hour car ride.
- As a teen I drove a lifted truck and would sometimes hunt. While it’s not family friendly my dream car is still a ’86 F250 single cab.
- I am horrible at math and history. For-real. I couldn’t tell you when any of the World Wars happened.
- I am wedding obsessed. My wedding was amazing. My sister recently got engaged and I’m the Matron of Honor in 2 weddings this year – so stay tuned for wedding themed posts!
- I love baking as a hobby. Maybe I will do a post on all the fun cakes I’ve made over the years.
- I’m OCD when it comes to even numbers. The volume, temperature, etc. must always be on an even number. I also find extreme peace in symmetry.
- It’s rare that you will ever find me without sunglasses. I have too many pairs to count.
- I’m lactose intolerant but still find ways to enjoy ice cream and other dairy deliciousness.
- I eat cupcakes by breaking the bottom half off and putting in on top of the icing like a cupcake sandwich. Try it – perfect cake:icing ratio in every bite.
- I had never seen a single Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, or other typical sci-fi movie until I met my husband.
- I support the Indianapolis Colts 100%. Losing a game can ruin my entire day. We need to make a trip back to Indy soon.
- DIY projects excite me. My husband and I gutted our house from top to bottom when we bought it and the projects haven’t stopped since.
- My babies [fur & human], my husband & all the rest of the people we love mean the world to me. Creating a fun & happy life for our growing family is my number one priority.
27 brought me the greatest gift of all in Gunnar, but also brought a lot of heartache and family loss. Here’s to a happy and positive 28!
So there you have it, a little more about me! Now I want to know what we have in common! 🙂
One thought on “28 Things”
I can’t read shit on my work computer to comment…but happy birthday! I love yewwws!! And that pic of kid Monica is adorable! Omg I can’t wait til you have a baby girl!
Sent from my iPhone
LikeLiked by 1 person