In honor of today’s big Super Bowl game, more than likely we’re all huddled around our TV’s gorging on wings, chips, dips and more! Below is one of our favorite go-to dip recipes that offers the warm cheese-y, bacon-y goodness that any great dip has with a slight kick to wake your taste buds up. This is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
- 8 strips bacon, diced into lardons
- 4 jalapenos, seeded and minced
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash of cayenne pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a skillet, cook the bacon lardons over medium heat until crispy. Remove from pan and set on paper towels to absorb excess grease. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of the grease remaining in the pan.
- Saute your minced jalapeno peppers in the bacon grease for about 5 minutes until warm, fragrant and soft.
- In a bowl, combine the drained corn, warmed jalapenos with remaining bacon grease, softened cream cheese, 1 cup of cheese, salt, onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne, 3/4 of the bacon. Mix well and place in an oven safe dish.
- Smooth out the surface and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and 1/4 of bacon lardons.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until warmed through and bubbly. Serve immediately. Our favorite dipping chips are Tostitos or Fritos!
Thus can be made in advanced. Just complete through step 5 and cover and refrigerate for up to a day. When ready, uncover and bake!
Tell me your favorite football food below!