Waking up, tired, lacking coffee and trying to get two rambunctious kids ready in the morning – it’s easy to grab a pre-made pastry, food on the go, or worse – eat nothing. Here is an easy make ahead meal prep that will provide multiple days of healthy, delicious breakfasts!
This casserole takes about 45 minutes of prep and cooking combined, and will feed you for about six mornings! It’s also customizable so that you can switch it up each week to prevent meal burn out. Below is our go-to version of the casserole but we do switch up the meats and veggies depending on our mood and cravings.
- 12 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice [we use unsweetened almond + coconut milk]
- 1lb of spicy sausage
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1/2 onion diced
- 2-3 cubed potatoes or sweet potatoes
- Preheat your over to 350 degrees.
- Brown your meat of choice in a pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté your veggies until soft. This is where I sauté my onions first and when they are soft and translucent I add in the spinach to wilt down a bit.
- Lastly, I will brown up my potatoes.
- Mix all of these ingredients – meat, veggies, potatoes, etc. – into a greased 9×12 pan.
- Scramble your eggs with the milk and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour beaten eggs over the meat and veggie mixture so it’s all covered. We are dairy free but this could be a good place to sprinkle the top with some cheese if you’d like.
- Bake for 30 minutes until firm in the center.
- Once it’s baked, we let it cool, cut into 6 portions and place in Tupperware to grab, heat and go in the mornings!
What would you add in your casserole?