It’s Monday y’all – the day everyone starts their diet. If it was warm where you are this past weekend then you’re probably like us and indulged out a bit too much. It’s time to jump back on the bandwagon with a chip snack alternative. Baked Pepperoni Chips! Continue reading
Like everyone else we’re feeling the post-holiday spare tire, extra pounds and bloat here in the Malmy household. Leep and I had our best success in weight loss and healthier lifestyle when we were training for our Tough Mudder and doing a “30 day Paleo” challenge. [post on this coming soon] So for 2017, we’re going back to this lifestyle.
One of our favorite go-to breakfasts are these mini quiches. You make a bunch at once and freeze. Then just pop in the microwave in the morning and go! They’re totally versatile and can easily be changed to avoid repetition. Plus, they will fit in any gluten free, paleo or Whole30 lifestyle you’re doing! Continue reading
Leep and I have recently discovered the wonder that is Noodles & Company. My favorite being the Japanese Pan Noodles with chicken. Leep had the brilliant idea of trying to recreate this with the leftover soba noodles we had from making our spring rolls last week. With Gunnar allotting a maximum of 15 minutes for us to scarf down food before crying, this is a perfect easy, quick fix meal! Now while they didn’t quite compare with Noodles & Company – they’re were still super delish!
*Note to self – take better pictures!
Cook Time: 15 mins
2+ sleeves of soba noodles (~6.5 ounces)
1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
1/2 carrots (julienne, I just bought shredded carrots – shhhh)
1/2 cup green peppers (cut into bit sized chunks)
2 chicken breasts (cubed)
1/2 T fresh ginger (minced)
1/2 T garlic (minced)
1 1/2 T sesame oil
1 T canola oil
1/2 cup sweet soy sauce
Salt, pepper & chili flakes
Black sesame seeds
- Cook noodles in boiling water until al dente, drain & cool in cold water.
- Once noodles are drained and cooled toss with 1T sesame oil.
- In a large saute pan over high heat add canola oil and saute peppers & broccoli until tender and slightly blistered.
- Add chicken, carrots, ginger, garlic, remaining sesame oil and soy sauce to the pan. Cook for about 2 mins then add noodles allowing to caramelize and get crispy and golden in some places.
- Salt, pepper and add chili flakes or extra soy sauce to your liking. Finish with cilantro leaves and sesame seeds.